This morning our Church held it's 5th annual Easter Egg Hunt. Since Justin turned 2 last month, he was old enough to participate this year. Or at least kind of ... if you call walking around opening up eggs, dumping them out and eating the candy participating, then yes, he participated! He didn't quite grasp the concept that if he took less time to open each egg to see what was inside of it, that he would then have more time to get more eggs! I think he ended up with about 3 eggs. Hailey on the other hand had a big basket full ... and being the kind sister she is she agreed to put all of the candy together and share it with her brother.
Some of us Moms were laughing about how each year we prepare our children to be kind and generous during the egg hunt, and to make sure that all of the children get plenty of eggs, and yet the minute they give the go ahead for the egg hunt to begin we're all chanting to our kids "come on, get more eggs!!!" Even Mommy needs daily reminders!
I hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful weather as much as we are!
Saturday, April 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
Wow...I can just picture Justin "attemping" an egg hunt! :)Reading your story about it just made me laugh...those kids are so cute and I can't wait to see them!!!! Tell everyone I say hi and send my love. I hope you enjoy a relaxing Easter...celebrating the resurrection of our Savior!
xoxo
Krista :)
What a great idea! You can count on me reading this blog! I love hearing stories about our grandchildren, and now it will be fun to read them as well. Sarah, you can still tell me them all the details in person...This Mimi never tires of stories about the three precious Herr children :) I can just picture Justin plopping down on the grass to get that egg open and devour its contents and saying one of his mmmmmmmmm's! That was so kind of Hailey to share with Justin...keep up the good work with teaching her kindness towards her little brother - you and Brian are great parents! Have a wonderful Easter together celebrating our risen Savior! Love, Mimi xoxoxoxo
Justin is an animal! Is he talking yet or still making that strange sound. I was a little slow as a child too...and look how I turned out? Maybe there is still hope for the boy.
Post a Comment