Wednesday, May 24, 2006
A Tough Little Boy
Well I must say that Justin is quite the trooper. After starting the day with his fall off the chair which gave him a bloody mouth, he had quite the rough day with an additional 2 accidents that gave him a bloody mouth both times. Around 5 p.m. Hailey and Justin were playing outside while I was beginning to get dinner ready. A girl in our caregroup from church had stopped in to pick up something and was asking about my day so I was just telling her about Justin's accident. Wouldn't you know it, a minute later I hear Justin start screaming on the patio right outside the door. Hailey came running in and said "Mommy, Justin fell on the step and hurt his mouth." He pretty much hit the same exact spots as earlier which caused an even more bloody and swollen lip, his tooth to start bleeding all over again, and this time his chin was bleeding pretty bad too since he hit cement. I'm not sure if this will change his tooth situation since it appears to be a little worse after fall #2. We're just praying that it would heal quickly and not cause our little guy too much pain. So anyway, moving onto accident #3 ... we were getting ready to take the kids on a walk after dinner in the wagon (Sydney in the jogger stroller), and once again the 2 older kids were playing outside. Hailey came running inside (once again!) and said "Daddy and Mommy, Justin fell and hurt his mouth." This seems to be the story of his life for today. So I went outside to find Justin sitting in the grass crying with blood running out of his mouth (a sight I'm becoming quite familiar with). We aren't really sure what happened this time ... Hailey said he was running in the yard and fell ... so we think he just caused everything to start bleeding again even though he probably didn't actually hit his mouth too hard on the ground. This was only about 2 hours after accident #2, so we're thinking everything was just prone to bleed by this point. But who knows, maybe he really did bang his mouth on the ground. Either way ... I think the kid set a record for amount of mouth/lip/chin bleeds in one day. Let's just say he was quite ready for bed. And to be honest, I'm looking forward to the start of a new day with fresh grace, mercy and patience!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
Oh my dear daughter, you are a hero mom! I am so proud of how you dealt with your day of blood, knocked teeth, brushed burn chins and lots of crying! What patience and calmness you have, and I'm sure that served your little guy greatly. My heart goes out to him...but it's good he is a tough little boy! We are praying for mighty angels to surround him, for continued grace and strength for his mommy, and for that tooth to stay put and not have to be pulled! And yes, how I wish I lived next door at times like these...I would have been to your aid in a heart beat. (Ok, so I admit there are MANY times I wish that!!!) But I must admit, you sure did mighty fine on your own! I laughed when I read what people said about them all being yours. Wish I would have been there to sing your praises :) Much grace to you as you care for your little ones, such dear gifts from our Lord. Give Justin a big kiss and hug from Mimi and a prayer that he will feel better real soon!
Praise be to God that his mercies are new every morning. If we knew what each day had in store for us without understanding the grace of God we would be souls destined to despair. But, oh how sweet it is to know our Savior. He alone is our rock and fortress. I'll be praying for Justin tooth to be saved. I'm so thankful he has a mommy that knows how to draw strength from the well of Jesus. XXOOXXOO
Post a Comment