Tuesday, August 22, 2006

My 3 little followers ...

I'm currently re-reading Don't Make Me Count to Three by Ginger Plowman. I have found this book to be very useful in the every day training of my little ones and have often gone back to re-read portions of this book. I was recently reminded of my (and Brian's) responsibilities as parents:

~To use every opportunity to point our children to their need for Christ
~To train them to obey God by honoring and obeying their parents
~To teach them wisdom
~To train them in righteousness
~To pray for them
~To be a godly example

I can very easily become overwhelmed by only looking at the first thing on that list, before even moving down to the others! I find that training my children for the glory of God is a constant reminder of my need for His grace, patience and wisdom. How humbling of a reminder that someone (currently 3 little someone's!) are following in my footsteps. How true it is that our children learn the most not by what they hear us say, but instead by what they see us do. What a wonderful responsibility I have, and what a joy it is to seek to daily point my children to Christ and their need for a Savior. And how truly thankful I am that I don't have to do this on my own, for I know that the Lord will supply me with my every need!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sarah,
How encouraging it is to hear of your need for wisdom and the Lord's help. The book you are reading sounds like it is very helpful. I have never heard of it. I think that I will check it out. I could use some guidance :)Thank you for the reminder of what our roles are as parents!

Kendra