Thursday, September 07, 2006

First Tooth!

For anyone who knows the past history regarding when Hailey and Justin got their first tooth you will know that Sydney beat them to it since she's only 8 mos. old (still a bit of a late teether, I know!). The funny thing about her getting her first tooth is the fact that it isn't a typical first tooth to get. At least I don't think so ... I think the normal first 4 teeth are the 2 central incisors in the front on the top and the bottom. Well our little girl has a little tooth poking out on the top, but further to the side ... I'm assuming it's one of her lateral incisors. But oh well, I'm sure soon enough the front ones will pop through too! The nice thing is that she didn't seem to be affected much by getting the tooth, it was just there one morning this week when she smiled! I have a picture with her smiling and you can see the tooth, but it's still on my camera, and I can't unload my pics to the computer until Brian gets home from CA (he uses the USB cable to charge his phone). But I'll try to post that pic and some other recent ones over the weekend at some point.

Speaking of weekend, we have quite a busy weekend ahead of us. Brian flies into Philly tomorrow around 3:30 or so which means he should be home by 5 p.m. ... He scheduled that flight himself! Most of you probably know that he doesn't usually get home that early from his business trips, but he was smart and scheduled it himself so he has the earliest flight possible out of San Diego. The kids are very excited that Daddy is coming home tomorrow (and I'm a little excited too!). On Saturday we are having a yard sale with some other people in our church, so we have to get everything down the street to their house bright and early! Then from 12-1:30 I'm taking Justin to a birthday party for a little friend of his at Chuck E. Cheese's ... so I'm sure he'll have a blast. Then we get to come home for naps (We might need naps that day too!). On Sunday afternoon we're heading to Lancaster to see friends who are in visiting from CA. So following a bit of a crazy week, it will just keep right on going into the weekend ... but we will have Daddy home and will be having lots of fun as a family so it should be nice.

Hopefully everyone enjoyed the beautiful weather today ... the kiddos were loving getting to play outside!

No comments: