I was going through my recipes looking for something fun and exciting to make tomorrow morning (I like to make something out of the norm for Saturday mornings with Daddy home!). These are yummy and I plan on making them in the morning! I found this recipe on Mr. Breakfast, and to make it even easier, I just put everything into my kitchen-aid mixer ... in 20 minutes prep and cooking time you have these yummy scones! I thought I'd share the recipe in case anyone else wants to give them a try!
Cinnamon Bun Scones
* 2 cups flour (I use w.w.)
* 1 cup quick oats
* 3/4 cup milk
* 1/4 cup sugar
* 2 T. sugar (I often use brown sugar)
* 1 egg - lightly beaten
* 8 T. (1 stick) butter - chilled and cut into 1/4" pieces
* 1 T. baking powder
* 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
* 1 tsp. vanilla
* 1/4 tsp. salt
* For The Glaze:
* 3/4 cup powdered sugar
* 4 teaspoons milk
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Prepare a cookie sheet with a light coating of cooking spray.
In large bowl, mix together the flour, oats, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter with clean fingers (I do this in my mixer!) until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
In a small bowl, combine the milk, egg and vanilla; blend well. Add to dry ingredients all at once; stir with rubber spatula until dry ingredients are moistened. In small bowl, combine the 2 tablespoons brown sugar (or regular sugar) with cinnamon; mix well. Sprinkle evenly over dough in bowl; gently stir batter to swirl in cinnamon mixture. Drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls a couple inches apart on cookie sheet.
Bake 12 to 13 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool 5 minutes. In small bowl, combine powdered sugar and milk for desired consistency; mix until smooth. Drizzle over top of warm scones. Serve scones warm. Enjoy!
Things are well here in the Herr house ... Sydney is crawling all over the place and getting into all kinds of trouble! She has also popped 4 teeth in the past 3 weeks, although, thankfully she is still a pretty pleasant little girl. Justin is talking more and more, and of course is still full of energy and still loves to make messes (although he's gotten a little better at the table while eating). And Hailey love to color, cut paper, write her name and letters, do playdough and pretty much any kind of craft! We have a busy weekend ahead of us ... tonight we're having friends over to begin going through Love That Lasts (Our church has recommended pairing with another couple to do this to serve our marriages), so we'll be discussing chapter one tonight. Then tomorrow our caregroup has an outreach to hand out invites to a Fall Fest that our church is having on Sunday after church (picnic, hay rides, games and other activities). And later in the day Brian will be over at church helping to set up for the Fall Fest on Sunday. And as you probably figured out ... on Sunday we have the Fall Fest! So it will be a busy and fun weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
yummy...they look delicious! Love how you are such a wonderful Suzy (or is that coozy?!) homemaker :) Love seeing you in the role God designed for you. Even though you were quite the tomboy growing up, you have become a sweet feminine woman who loves being a wife and mommy, and loves making her home a place of peace, order, laughter, kindness, and love...one that adorns the Gospel - love ya, my dear daughter! Hailey, Justin and Sydney - have fun at the fall fest...one of these years I'll have to join you!
xoxoxoxox from Mimi
Post a Comment