Tuesday, October 03, 2006

The Outer Banks 2006

As nice as it is to be home again and settling back into the normal routine, we had a wonderful time at the OBX last week. The kids loved being on the beach every day, and Hailey being the fish she is was in the heated pool (thanks Gramps!) at the house whenever we weren't at the beach! Brian enjoyed playing tennis, golf and getting time to relax. There was one day in particular that had some of the best east coast waves we've ever seen so we were having a blast out in the water. And I enjoyed the ladies day out where my Mom, Meg and I all went shopping and out for lunch! I was also able to get some scrapbooking done which was great! Justin and Sydney loved the sand ... and they seemed to enjoy nap time too! And a highlight for Justin is always sanck time.

As always, it was a wonderful time of fellowship with my family whether we were talking, laughing or crying (from laughing so hard!). After the kids were in bed we spent time reading some chapters in Piper's book When I Don't Desire God, playing games (primarily Apples to Apples!) and one night we watched The March of Penguins. We especially got a good laugh on Friday night as we watched parts of our wedding video (thanks Mom for your thoughtfulness!) while celebrating our 5 year anniversary!

And of course I was busy taking lots of pics ... enjoy!

An attempt at a family picture ... although not the best one (you'll see the best when we send out Christmas cards!), it's definitely not the worst either!


Sydney and Hailey


Uncle Jared building a sand castle


Justin and Ryle in the castle


Me with my girlies






Girlies






A sleepy girl


Sliding down the dunes


Gramps, Mimi and the grandkids


Daddy and his little guy


Fun in the waves (Brian and Derek)


Sand boy


Yummy sand


Ben in the sand






Jared, Meg, Brian and me enjoying big waves





Nice and warm




The ladies of the house











5 wonderful years married to the love of my life!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, that is pretty sweet hearing from your husband, huh? I sure do rejoice in the wonderful husband God has given you, my dear daughter...seeing you 2 together still makes me smile, just like it did when he first captivated your heart back in 2001! It was great spending the week with the family -truly a mother's delight, next to knowing you are walking in the truth, loving the Lord and your family! I Love You - Mom

Anonymous said...

Those are some great pictures, Oh, and did I ever say what a cute couple you guys are :)