Thursday, January 11, 2007

A Looney Mommy

About a half hour ago the kiddos and I set out to run a couple of errands ... the post office and the church office. Hailey and Justin had a bit of a rough morning since they were having a hard time obeying by cleaning up the basement where they had made a mess. Needless to say ... it was a bit crazy trying to get jackets on and out the door. Not that I'm trying to defend my looneyness or anything! Anyway, we were down the road about a mile when I realized that I had my slippers on ... ops! I laughed and kept driving. Thankfully I was just driving through at the post office to drop off outgoing mail ... and I figured no one would notice at my quick stop to the church office. After we got home and were walking inside Hailey said to me "oh no, Mommy ... you have your slippers on." I responded with "yes, I know." She followed up with "why did you wear your slippers outside, that's silly." And all I had to say is "well babe, Mommy's a little looney."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my dear daughter, you're way too young to be doing things like that!! You really gave me a good laugh - I can just imagine Hailey asking you why you had them on outside, too! Well, you may be a little looney...just wait till you are my age...if you are anything like your mother, you might be a lot looney :)

love ya, "loonieness" and all!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that gave me a good laugh. I guess that is what I get to look forward to huh!? :)
Love ya,
Krista

Anonymous said...

Very cute and fun to read.
Thanks for sharing.