Some wonderful reminders about my Salvation ...
When my time came and I placed my faith in Jesus, God instantly granted me a great salvation.
He forgave me of all my sins, past, present, and future.
He made me His child, adopting me into His family.
He gave me the gift of the Holy Spirit, who gives my God's power, who pours out God's love within my heart, and who tenderly communicates to my spirit that I am a child of God and an heir of eternal glory in heaven.
In saving me, God also freed me from slavery to any and all sins.
I no longer have to sin again, for sin's mastery over me has been broken!
In saving me, God also justified me, and being justified through Christ, I have a peace with God that will endure forever.
In justifying me, God declared me innocent of my sins and pronounced me righteous with the very righteousness of Jesus.
God also allowed His future and present wrath against me to be completely propitiated by jesus, who bore it upon Himself while on the cross.
Consequently, God now has only love, compassion, and deepest affection for me, and this love is without any admixture of wrath whatsoever.
God always looks upon me and treats me with gracious favor, always working all things together for my ultimate and eternal good.
God's grace abounds to me even through trials.
Because I am a justified one, He subjugates every trial and forces it to do good unto me.
When I sin, God's grace abounds to me all the more as He graciously maintains my justified status as described above.
When I sin, God feels no wrath in His heart against me.
His heart is filled with nothing but love for me, and he longs for me to repent and confess my sins to Him, so that He might show me the gracious and forgiving love that has been in His heart all along.
God does see my sins, and He is grieved by my sins. His grief comes partly from the fact that in my moments of sin, I am not receiving the fullness of His love for me.
He even sends chastisement into my life, but He does so because He is for me, and He loves me, and He disciplines me for my ultimate good.
I don't deserve any of this, even on my best day; but this is my salvation, and herein I stand.
Thank you, Jesus!
M. Vincent - A Gospel Primer
Salvation belongs to the Lord. Jonah 2:9
Salvation is the work of God. It is He alone who rouses the soul "dead in transgressions and sins," and it is He also who maintains the soul in its spiritual life. I do nothing whatsoever towards my own preservation, except what God Himself first does in me. Whatever I have, all my goodness is of the Lord alone. When I sin, that is my own doing, but when I act rightly, that is of God, wholly and completely. Do I live a consecrated life before others? It is not I, but Christ who lives in me. Am I sanctified? I didn't purify myself: God's Holy Spirit sanctifies me. I find in God all that I want; but I find in myself nothing but sin and misery. "He alone is my rock and my Salvation." Do I feed on the Word? That Word wouldn't be food fo rme unless the Lord made it food for my soul, and helped me to feed upon it. Am I continually receiving fresh increase of strength? Where does my might come from? My help comes from heaven's hills: without Jesus I can do nothing. As a branch cannot bring forth fruit except it abide in the vine, no more can I, except I abide in Him. What Jonah learned in the great deep, let me learn this morning in my closet: "Salvation belongs to the Lord."
CHS Morning & Evening 2/26 a.m.
Tuesday, February 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment