As of tonight Justin's room is completely painted! It's nice to be done with that little project, now I just need to do some finishing touches like hanging the shelves and other things on the walls, getting his bed together and maybe painting the trim if I get another painting urge! This picture gives an idea to what the walls look like ...
Brian and I are enjoying the season of March Madness. We've filled out our brackets and will be enjoying college basketball for the next few weeks! Since we've gotten married Brian has yet to beat me in our bracket challenge, but we'll see what happens this year!
As I've been feeling a bit exhausted and run down over the past couple of weeks, my soul was fed this morning when I read these words from Spurgeon ...
Christ has grace without measure in Himself, but He has not retained it for Himself. As the reservoir empties itself into the pipes, so has Christ emptied out His grace for His people. "From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another." He seems only to have in order to dispense to us. He stands like the fountain, always flowing, but only running in order to supply the empty pitchers and the thirsty lips which draw close to it. Like a tree, He bears sweet fruit, not to hang on boughs, but to be gathered by those who need. Grace, whether its work be to pardon, to purify, to preserve, to strengthen, to enlighten, to quicken, or to restore, is always to be had from him freely and without price; nor is there one form of the work of grace which He has not given upon His people. As we daily receive grace from Jesus, and more constantly recognize it as coming from Him, we shall behold Him in communion with us, and enjoy the felicity of communion with him. Let's make daily use of our riches, and always have recourse to Him as to our own Lord in covenant, taking from him the supply of all we need with as much boldness as taking money out of our wallets.
CHS Morning & Evening, 3/15 a.m.
I'm so thankful for daily grace!






1 comment:
Sarah,
Sorry to hear that Justin got sick too. It did make me laugh when you were telling how needy he is :)I can just picture his cute puppy dog face while asking you to hold him...too cute! And his room colors are very cute...looks good.
Love ya tons,
Krista
Post a Comment