Brian and I had a great time away on our retreat last weekend. And the kiddos had lots of fun with Grandad, Grandma, Aunt Krista, and Uncle Derek. On Saturday afternoon, we headed to Brian's parents to pick up the kids. We spent a little time with his family and had dinner together. Then we packed up the kids and headed home. We also brought Brian's sister, Krista home with us. She had spring break this week, so she offered to spend a few days with me! It was a blast having her here with us! Dad Herr just picked her up earlier this afternoon. On Monday night we all went to watch Brian play volleyball, then on Tuesday we had our singles caregroup meeting, so Krista fit right in. Last night Krista and I spent some time scrapbooking while Brian shoveled. I started our Family Christmas Album and got all the way through Christmas 2005, so I just have to scrapbook this past Christmas! It was great having her around for a few days to talk with, have fun with, and have the extra help (she's a wonderful servant!). Thanks Krista, for spending time with us!
On a not so exciting note, last night during the night Hailey came down with a stomach virus. So from about 1 a.m. until 5 a.m. there wasn't much sleep to be had for Brian, Hailey, or I. And since Hailey and Sydney share a room, Sydney woke up the first few times we went into the girls room to help Hailey (eventually I think she was so tired that she was able to sleep through it all). I'll spare you the details, but let's just say that today I've been quite busy with laundry and cleaning (trying to sanitize everything!). This morning Hailey woke up feeling alright, but she's still just laying around relaxing (and she slept from 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.). Thankfully she's been able to eat some toast, jell-0 and crackers. And she's been drinking too. So she seems to be doing much better.
Now if we can just make it through the next 24-48 hours without anyone else getting whatever bug she got. But thankfully God's grace will be sufficient regardless of whether or not anyone else gets sick. I'm especially praying that Krista doesn't get sick since she's going to NYC this weekend!
So there you have it ... a little update with what's been going on in our house over the past week. And tonight the only thing on our agenda is to go to bed early!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment