Wednesday, April 04, 2007

More Sickness, Basketball Champ and Spring

This time it's my hubby who is quite sick. This stomach virus thing comes on very suddenly with no warning. Brian was completely fine last night at Caregroup, but then during the night and early this morning became sick. So for the first time in his 6+ years at Dontech working he had to call in to take a sick day. It doesn't come at the best time since he is currently very busy at work, and this is a short week since he has off on Friday for the holiday, and then he leaves first thing Monday morning for a business trip to FL for the week. But thankfully, God's grace is sufficient and His timing is perfect.

Prayers would be appreciated for Brian ... that he would get better quickly and get some much needed rest as he was up for a good portion of the night. Also, that this virus wouldn't spread throughout the rest of the family.
Brian update: He is back to work today (Thurs.) after spending 24 hours in bed! He seems to be on the fast track to being his old self again!

Speaking of my hubby, I do want to mention that because Florida won Monday night and not Ohio State (who I had winning it all) ... Brian has officially beaten me in our bracket challenge for the first time since we got married! Although, I think he would've preferred Ohio St. to win and me beat him again over Florida winning it all which secured his win. But oh well ... the Gators were too much for Oden and Ohio St.

Right when we think spring is here to stay it decides to leave us again! We were enjoying the 70's weather ... but it looks like we're back down to the 40's and 50's for awhile again. Of course the kiddos don't seem to mind the cooler weather and still beg to be outside every day. But the past few days have been beautiful around here and we've been outside a lot. I've been taking advantage of the warm weather by hanging all of my wash outside. We look forward to more spring weather in the days to come! Even Sydney loves to be outside ... I set up the playard cage on the patio, and whenever Hailey and Justin are outside, she's in the cage loving it! Although, she has become quite the little climber, so I have to be careful what toys I put in for her to play with. It's worked out really well so that I can still be inside getting things done while they play!

No comments: