Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Fun with Mimi and a Busted Lip

The kiddos love having Mimi here! It has been a wonderful blessing having her here for part of the week while Brian is in CA. She serves me in so many ways while she is here ... I am blessed! Here are some pics she's been taking while here ...

Swingin'

Hailey and Justin love to be silly together ...


Sibling love





Having fun in the playhouse outside ...




And of course it wouldn't be the Herr house without a little bit of excitement ...
Last night around 2 a.m. I was startled out of my sleep to hear a load thud, followed by crying. Instantly I knew that either Hailey or Justin had fallen out of bed. Justin has never fallen out of bed, so at first I assumed it was Hailey (she had a habit of doing this a long time ago even though she hasn't for awhile). But then I realized it was Buddy boy crying. So I went into his room, picked him up, told him he was ok, gave him hugs ... you know, all the normal things to calm a startled child so that they can go back to sleep ... so that I too can go back to sleep! Well, I go to put him back into his bed while I continue to try and calm him down when I realize that there is something all over my shoulder running down my arm ... it was then that I realized that my little guy may have actually hurt himself! Being as I didn't want to completely wake up Justin while calming him down, I hadn't turned on the light, so it was too dark for me to see anything! I quickly walked over to the bathroom, turned on the light and saw blood all over me. I then went in and got Justin and brought him over to the bathroom to see blood on his face and running out of his mouth. Being the tough guy he is, he did a great job as we cleaned him up and checked out the wound ... a busted lip right down the middle. I'm assuming his tooth got it pretty good. So anyway, after a lot more TLC, some cold paper towels and ice he agreed to go back to bed since Mimi offered to lay with him and sing to him. Thanks Mom! This morning my Mom said it took a little while for him to fall back asleep, and as well that he was singing every single song she sang with her! I guess he wasn't too sleepy right away! Although he has mentioned that he has an "ouchy lip" this morning, he's doing fine and is being his happy self ... he even let me take some pics ...

No comments: