On Friday, July 6th, 2007Alivia Rachel Haughery went home to be with the Lord after battling a very rare form of leukemia for 15 months. Today the funeral service took place in Lancaster. This was a bittersweet time as we rejoice that Baby Livi is home in heaven with no more tears and pain, but at the same time difficult as she leaves behind her Daddy, Mommy and other family and friends who love her dearly. What a wonderful reunion they will one day have!
Here are some pics from our time in Lancaster celebrating Krista's graduation over this past weekend. The kiddos were having a blast in the pool! Well, Hailey was having a blast IN the pool, Justin prefers to play on the steps and along the edge of the pool, and Sydney prefers the baby pool!
Justin gave me a good laugh earlier today ... a good mess too, but at least I got a good laugh out of it as well! I was busy getting dinner ready and had music playing (which explains why I couldn't hear what Justin was doing) in the kitchen while the kiddos were playing. I was aware that Justin had gone back to the bathroom to go potty (he tends to announce it every time he has to go!), but unaware of what exactly he was doing after he was done going potty. He came out (the fact that it was 10 min. after he first went back there should have been a good hint that this couldn't be a good thing!) ... and said to me "Mommy, it's dripping in the bathroom." I asked him what exactly was dripping (thinking he probably left the water running after washing his hands), and he said "the sink is dripping." So I went back to the bathroom to find it pretty much flooded. He had plugged the sink while washing his hands and completely overflowed it so that water was running all down the vanity, onto the floor, the rug, and he somehow even managed to soak the entire roll of toilet paper! To top it all off, he had used some soap, so there were suds everywhere ... lovely! I didn't want him to see me laughing, so I went downstairs to get some old towels to start the cleanup and had myself a good laugh while I was down there.
Oh yes, and then while I was back in the bathroom trying to clean up the mess, Sydney decided to climb up on top of the desk and make a mess (she loves taking paper out of envelopes and crinkling up paper!) ... and then after she was done with that climbed up on top of the dining room table and dumped my cup of water all over the place, then helped herself to some carrots! I have to confess, at this point I wasn't laughing anymore ... I was thinking ... "can't I leave the room for 3 minutes without one of my children getting into something?" Evidently not. It felt like I was moving one step forward by trying to contain the bathroom mess, only to take two steps backwards when I entered the living room/dining room. It's a good thing they're cute when they make messes. I'm thankful for opportunities like this that allow me to grow in having patience and self control with my kiddos ... by God's grace I believe I am growing more into His image in this area in my life! I certainly have plenty of daily opportunities, but then again I've been praying for opportunities, so I'm thankful that God is faithful to supply them! I am so thankful that I have 3 kiddos who daily sanctify me!
And in case anyone wants a little idea of what I saw (although it's hard to see the water everywhere since it blends in) ...






2 comments:
Wow!! You sure do have your hands full, don't you! Sorry to say that I did have a little chuckle at your expense as I read the story. :) If God's grace is indeed sufficient, he must be giving it to you in large quantities!!
Ha ha, sorry, just couldn't help myself:)
Post a Comment