Thursday, July 12, 2007

Mimi's Wall

We've dedicated one of our dining room walls to Mimi while she's in Africa! Along the top we have a paper link chain that represents the days until Mimi comes home! Every morning Hailey and Justin take turns removing one link ... they love this and always remind me! Then we have a world map and a map of the United States. On the world map we noted where Mimi is in Zambia (near Choma), and also where Home Sweet Home is (PA!). Hailey loves to show everyone who comes over where Mimi is in Africa. It's been fun teaching them all about Africa. Hailey is also working on a "special project" for Mimi, Pop-pop and Nana to look at when they return, but since they read this blog in Nahumba we can't say what it is! So it will be a surprise later this summer! I love how excited Hailey is to learn all about what life is like in Zambia.

Here are some pics for Mimi, Pop-pop and Nana from our wall (Hailey told Mimi on the phone today that we would post them on the blog!) ...





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is very sweet!

Love to you all,
Krista

Anonymous said...

Sarah, thanks so much for posting pics of the wall! I love it....what a great idea! I sure will enjoy seeing all of you when that last link comes off! And it will be so much fun talking to Hailey about Africa when I get back home. I wouldn't be surprised if she even teaches me something about Africa that I don't know...there sure is a lot to learn! I love the pictures of the children; thanks so much for thinking of me :) I love you all so much and miss you bunches!

Love, hugs and kisses from Mom/Mimi in Zambia