Monday, August 13, 2007

Tomato Girl, Our Little Fish and the Sandbox ...

All of our kiddos love tomatoes ... and it's a great time of the year to be eating lots of them! They will eat them at any time of the day, and will eat as many as I allow!

With that in mind, here's a little tomato story for you ... most of you are probably aware that Sydney is our little climber. I often discover her walking the countertops, the tabletop, the desktop ... and so on. On Friday, while I was beginning some dinner prep, Sydney very quiety climbed up on top of the counter and ate two whole tomatoes! When I spotted her, she was on her third. Between the music I had playing and the vent fan that I had on while I was cooking I didn't hear a thing! It wasn't until she said "Mama, here" that I had any idea she was even in the same room as me. She was handing me a tomato ... maybe she wanted me to join in the fun with her! Before I stripped her down to her diaper, I took a few pics ...
Our tomato girlie ...

The ones she ate were a little smaller than this one!

A happy girl with a full belly ...


Saturday and Sunday we were in Lancaster spending time with Brian's family. We had a great time hanging out together and enjoyed lots of time at the pool both days with beautiful weather. Hailey and Justin were both having a blast jumping off of the diving board with their floaties on. They love to be in the water. On our way home last night, we also stopped in at my aunt and uncle's to see the Mellinger family who were hanging out. Hailey and Justin had some more fun in their pool ... they were both entertaining everyone with their jumps and Justin's "dives" (a.k.a. belly flops!) off of the diving board!
Some pool pics ...






Last week, we finished the sandbox! Brian finished the bottom deck for it, and then I sealed and stained it. Now all we have to do is get 3 tons of sand to fill it! The almost completed project ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Sarah, you do an outstanding job capturing such precious moments in the lives of your children! I am amazed that ALL THREE of your kiddos love tomatoes! I just want to kiss that little tomato face! Great pool pics too! Matt and I were there in spirit! And tell Brian well done on the sand box job....can't wait to see it and play in it with my sweeties this fall :)

Bunches of love, hugs and kisses to you all from Mimi xoxoxox

Krista said...

Very cute...miss you guys :)

Love ya,
Krista