Last week, this kiddos and I spent an evening at this fun playplace while Daddy was busy working hard. This fun playplace is inside a local church and is open to the public. It's a fun place to go and hang out, since they also have a cute little coffee shop with lots of tables, chairs and sofas to hang out. Anyway, the kiddos love going here and I'm sure we will visit more often especially as the weather gets cooler ...
On Saturday the kiddos had a birthday party ... it was a pool party and it was a great day to be in the water since it was rather warm outside!
Over the past month I've begun doing some school things with Hailey ... she loves school time while the other kiddos are napping. The primary things we're doing are reading, writing and math. We do Bible all together in the morning. Hailey also loves being read to ... she will sit for hours listening to me read to her! I've been much more strategic with having a rough schedule for the kiddos throughout the day, and that has been going well ... it serves the kiddos and me! I know it will continue to serve them in the days to come when they aren't playing outside as often as they are now. They all love to color and play with playdough ... and Hailey and Justin love playing games. We're still working on reading time all together ... Sydney likes to turn the page before it's time ... or be all done with the book after page 2!
Speaking of Sydney ... thanks to everyone who has offered to help me out so I can go to the grocery store without her ... you are all very kind! And I just might take someone up on that offer one of these days!
Here's her latest trick outside ... I didn't even know she could get on the teeter-totter by herself! She must've seen Hailey and Justin doing this ...
Our Buddy boy loves boxer briefs. I've convinced him to wear them for bed only since I don't have enough to let him wear them all the time. Mommy is cheap ... regular underwear is much cheaper! Over the past 2 weeks he's been wearing them to bed and doing a great job staying dry. When he wakes up in the morning he delays getting dressed to have more time wearing his boxer briefs ... he is a silly boy.
Sunday night, the kiddos and I headed to Lancaster so that yesterday I could do corn with Mom Herr. We did 15 dozen which got me 30 full quart size freezer bags. We finished up that in the morning, and then in the afternoon chopped up peppers from her garden (I came home with a full gallon size bag of chopped green peppers and another full gallon bag of colored peppers chopped up) to freeze and then made Pesto with lots of basil from her garden ... yummy! We made it home in time for dinner, then later the kiddos got to see Daddy for a little before showers and bedtime so that was fun.
So that's what we've been up to recently ... I have a yummy pesto pasta dish with roasted veggies to post ... so hopefully I'll get to that a little later!






No comments:
Post a Comment