Thursday, September 27, 2007

Quotable Kiddos

The things kiddos say .... a recent conversation between Hailey and Justin ...

Hailey: Justin, do you want the red bowl, yellow bowl or green bowl?
Justin: I want the purple bowl.
Hailey: Purple is not one of the options because Mommy didn't get a purple bowl out. You can have red, yellow or green.
Justin: But I want purple. (whining)
Hailey: Justin, do we always get what we want?
Justin: Yes. (with a nice little smirk)
Hailey: No we don't, and we need to be joyful in all things even when we don't get what we want. (in her best Mommy imitation voice)

During this conversation I was in the kitchen trying not to laugh at my soon to be 5 year old daughter. At least I know she hears what I'm saying ... some of the time anyway! It was a reminder to me of the influence that I have on my children ... they are constantly hearing me, watching me and imitating me ... what a humbling thought.

And a couple of pics ...
Justin came walking out like this the other day ... he had obviously just gone potty shortly before putting on his rain boots ... the shirt tucked into his underwear is a nice look!

And my pajama girlies ...

1 comment:

Krista said...

Good laughs!!!!!! :)Sarah, the imitation that Hailey preformed is a testimony to your faithfulness in training your children!