Monday, December 17, 2007

Christmas Music

I'm the kind of person that looks forward to listening to Christmas music very much ... in fact, I've been known to begin playing it before Thanksgiving (Shhh ... don't tell Brian ... he is one of those 'wait until after Thanksgiving' kind of guys). There's just so many good albums and songs to listen to in such a short time frame (unless you're one of those that play Christmas music year round!). Anyway ... I thought I'd share some of my current favorite albums as well as some other random Christmas music I enjoy ...

Andrew Peterson's: Behold the Lamb of God album is currently my favorite. Although the songs are not traditional 'Christmas songs,' this album is filled with gospel-centered truths that tell the story of Redemption.




Savior: Celebrating the Mystery of God Become Man was released by Sovereign Grace Ministries last year and continues to be a favorite. More than a Christmas CD, Savior is filled with songs that focus on the Incarnation.



Your King Has Come is an album with various artists on it from the group Indelible Grace ... a group that puts new music to old hymns. Their CD's are all outstanding and enjoyed often in our home.




So there you have it ... a few of my favorite current Christmas albums. Something I appreciate and enjoy about all of these albums is the gospel saturated lyrics that help me to marvel at His majesty and wonder at His grace amidst this busy time of the year.

I also enjoy pulling out some classics to listen to such as good old Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby, Nat King Cole, Handel's Messiah and Guaraldi's: A Charlie Brown Christmas.

And for some nice instrumental background music Chris Rice, Jim Brickman and Kenny G are some great picks.

Some new releases from this year that I've been listening to are Jars of Clay: Christmas Songs, Josh Groban: Noel ... and although not new this year The Nativity: Soundtrack.

2 comments:

meg said...

hey sarah- just got your christmas card. great photo! i would love it if someday my mom and i came to visit you and your mom could meet us there and i could take some photos of those cute kids of yours! maybe next year sometime.
merry christmas!
-meg

sarah said...

Meg - that sounds great to me! We'll have to get something on the calendar after the busy holiday season. Hope you and Matt have a great trip! Merry Christmas!