Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year

O Lord, length of days does not profit me
except the days are passed in thy presence,
in they service, to they glory.

Give me a grace that precedes, follows, guides,
sustains, sanctifies, aids every hour,
that I may not be one moment apart from thee,
but may rely on they Spirit
to supply every thought,
speak in every word,
direct every step,
prosper every work,
build up every mote of faith,
and give me a desire to show forth thy praise;
testify they love, advance thy kingdom.

I launch my bark on the unknown waters of this year,
with thee, O Father, as my harbour,
thee, O Son, at my helm,
thee, O Holy Spirit, filling my sails.

Guide me to heaven with my loins girt,
my lamp burning, my ear open to they calls,
my heart full of love, my soul free.

Give me thy grace to sanctify me,
thy comforts to cheer,
thy wisdom to teach,
thy right hand to guide,
thy counsel to instruct,
thy law to judge,
thy presence to stabilize.

May thy fear be my awe,
thy triumphs my joy.

The Valley of Vision - Puritan Prayers and Devotions

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The start of a new year avails me the opportunity to again announce that I am married to the best woman!! Lovey you are the greatest gift that God has ever given to me. You devotion to the savior is your greatest attribute and your devotion to me your husband in also commendable. You lack of complaining and your constant encouragement is a beacon of light in our home. Our 3 little kiddies are truly blessed to have you as their mother. I look forward to the coming year with you at my side.
Lovya lots
Your Hubby

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Brian - to no surprise, your comments brought tears to my eyes. I thank the Lord for bringing you to Sarah. Thanks for loving our daughter so well :) We are blessed...

With Love,
Sarah's Mom

sarah said...

See my love ... I told you that your comment was going to make at least one of our Moms cry. :)
I love you (and I don't mind your typos at all).