Some new favorites ...
The Prince's Poison Cup by R.C. Sproul. In this book, Sproul focuses on the atonement to show that Jesus had to endure the curse of sin in order to redeem His people from their spiritual death. The Prince's Poison Cup will help children appreciate the great love of God for His people and the awful price Jesus had to pay because of sin.You can also purchase an audio book for this new classic.
Sammy and His Shepherd: Seeing Jesus in Psalm 23 by Susan Hunt. In this book, Hunt offers families a delightful story, built around the Twenty-third Psalm, that will help children grow in their understanding of what it is to live among a community of redeemed people guided by a loving Lord.
This is No Fairy Tale by Dale Tolmasoff. Fairy tales tell about brave princes and beautiful princesses, castles, giants, magic, and other amazing things. But this story doesn't need any of that. That's because this story is no fairy tale. But it's still amazing—and it's true. This book tells the story of Jesus Christ so you will see him for who he is—not a fairy-tale character, but God's Son and the one true Savior.Some of the kiddos other favorites include The Lightlings by R.C. Sproul, The King Without A Shadow by R.C. Sproul, The Priest With Dirty Clothes by R.C. Sproul, Max Lucado's Children's Books ... particularly the Wemmmicks Collection, and Dangerous Journey: The Story of Pilgrim's Progress. We have audio books for all of the R.C. Sproul books, as well as some other classics such as Narnia and Little House on the Prairie. Another fun favorite the kiddos have is a big book with all of the Curious George Classics (the original 7 stories) with audio CD's to go along. The kiddos love listening to books during their quiet time in the afternoon and it's always fun adding new ones to our collection!






3 comments:
Hey Sarah! Great idea about the audio books...I remember loving them when I was little but haven't gotten into them with Caleb yet...I kind of thought maybe they weren't really around anymore (ha!). Shows I haven't done much research in that area...! Anyway I'd love to get together agains sometime! And also, do you know which blog the preschool kits are in? I'm curious!
Thanks for the suggestions Sarah. I am ordering the R.C. Sproul books today. There is a great deal on the Westminster site for all three books.
Hi Sarah! Thanks for the ideas. I was just thinking that I would like to get the boys some new books. The both love reading (or should I say, being read to), and I, too, think that books are a great investment. Thanks again for sharing these suggestions.
Post a Comment