Thursday, February 12, 2009

My Blustery Morning

In our neck of the woods it is rather windy outside. So windy that Sydney might blow away if we went outside ... so we decided to stay in today. Okay, so actually that isn't the only reason that I stayed in today ... there is also the fact that staying in is just easier when you have 4 kids 6 and under with a little baby. Besides ... life is much more exciting when we stay home ... if you would come over you would see that we've already had lots of fun ....

~3 spilled cups of water
~2 potty accidents from Sydney (a girl can hope that one of these days she'll actually get it and not have an accident 2 minutes after I make her sit on the potty ... but after another attempt I decided that spending the money on 4 diapers every day is worth it ... maybe we'll try again next week!)
~5 meltdowns from Sydney (that would be every time I made her sit on the potty and both times she had an accident ... it's rather traumatic for her when pee is running down her leg)
~3 meltdowns from Justin (during school when he couldn't write his name the way he wanted, and during a craft time when he cut off part of his craft)
~1 container of leftover roast w/veggies splattered all over the fridge and kitchen floor
~1 blowout for our littlest girlie (thus a bath for her too)
~1 Mommy being sanctified every 30 seconds

Now you are probably glad that you didn't come over to my house today.

But hey, at least in addition to all of that going on we were able to do school, get 2 loads of wash done, eat breakfast and lunch, read together and have lots of fun laughing (I'm teaching my kiddos young that laughing at yourself is a good thing to do).

It's a good thing that I made a double batch of Shepherds Pie last night ... at least I don't have to make dinner!

Maybe our afternoon will be a little less eventful ... and blustery!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha....wow! See, I love reading stuff like this, because it makes my days at school seem very easy. But what wonderful blessings from God those little kiddos are!

Love you guys,
~Krista~

Christy said...

Calgone take me away!!!

Lisa said...

At least you are laughing. Sometimes that is all we can do!
Mmmm...Shepherd's pie. You'll have to share your recipe :)

Sarah K said...

your new layout looks so pretty! and wow...i agree with lisa too that it's good you are still laughing! i only have 2 and it always amazes me just how difficult it can be to get out the door sometimes so i can't even imagine 4! although on occasion, just to get out, we have driven around looking for cows and then have come right back home! anyway i hope you sleep well tonight!

Anonymous said...

Yes, glad you can laugh...and so wise of you to teach your children to laugh at themselves...Dad taught you that well! Wish I lived closer on days like these - I would be glad to come and lend a hand, but then again, maybe you wouldn't be as sanctified then!
I love your outlook on life, Sarah!

Unknown said...

& 1 Husband who is a blessed man to have you as his Wife and mother of our kids. I love you :)