I'm sure most of you who read this blog already know this, but I thought I'd actually take time to give an update since things changed after my last post! Last Wednesday (a week ago) early in the morning, I started having contractions again ... after a few hours of having them every 5-6 minutes we called and of course they wanted me to come in. They monitored me and the baby for an hour, then decided to give me something to stop the contractions since I had only dilated about a cm since my appt. 2 days prior. Thankfully, the contractions stopped and they allowed us to come home ... as long as I promised to do pretty much nothing (the "try to take it easy plan" went out the window).
So, for the past week my Mom and Mother-in-law have been serving us by being here on weekdays while Brian is at work. They cook, clean, do laundry, help with the kiddos school, entertain Callie and constantly make sure I'm not doing anything! So, in the mean time I spend a lot of time sitting on the sofa with my feet up drinking ridiculous amounts of my pregnancy tea and water ... and eating ice! I've had lots of time for projects that can be done while sitting doing absolutely nothing (which kinda limits which projects I can actually accomplish), so I've been spending time entering my recipes online as it's a project I've been wanting to get done for awhile now. And of course I'm still able to do school with Hailey and Justin while I rest so that takes up a decent amount of time during the day as well.
Thanks to all who participated in the baby guessing game ... and anyone who hasn't given a guess about what gender/what date/how big #5 is going to be, feel free to leave a comment! It appears from the poll on the sidebar that many are convinced we're having a boy ... I think some have been swayed since my early labor hit because of Justin coming early. Me though ... I still think it's a girl (I've been wrong plenty though so this doesn't mean much)!
I'm grateful that my contractions have slowed, but I'm still looking forward to hitting 37 weeks next week so I can resume normal activity! At this point, we're hoping baby comes by August 1st, or decides to wait until after August 7th (the big wedding day)! Just to humor me I wouldn't be shocked if the baby decides to wait until closer to my due date (or come on August 7th .... ha)!
Thanks for your prayers and care, we greatly appreciate it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
We didn't know what was going on so thanks for the update. We are praying for you every night.
Post a Comment