Our kiddos have a new favorite album to listen to that was recently released by Sovereign Grace Music. It's called Walking with the Wise and it contains 13 songs based on different verses from the book of Proverbs. I love hearing our kiddos walk around singing songs and memorizing words that will hopefully influence the way they view God, themselves, and the world. Music can be a great tool to teach kids truths about God, God’s Word, how we’re to relate to him and each other, and most importantly, who Jesus is and what he did to rescue us from our sin.Here are some examples of what I hear them singing these days ...
From "All Ears" ...
I wanna be all ears when Mom is speaking
All ears when Dad is teaching
There’s a lot I don’t know
And they’ve been around a whole lot of years
And have covered some ground
Their words will make me wise, so I’m all ears
From "Where It All Begins" ...
When others try to draw you in
So you would join them in their sin
The fear of God will keep you safe
And give you strength to run away
From "To Tell the Truth" ...
A little lie seems harmless like ordinary words
But lies we tell to others are like a sword that hurts
When someone tries to tell me that covering up’s okay
Don’t let me be dishonest, help me to humbly say
To tell the truth is what I want to do
Because You love the lips that speak the truth
To tell a lie leads me away from You
So help me, God, to tell the truth
From "Who Can Say" ...
Who can say, “I have made my heart pure
I am clean from my sin”?
No one’s blameless in God’s holy eyes
That’s why the Savior came
Jesus, Jesus, only You did everything right
Jesus, Jesus, died and rose
So we could have new life
And even though Callie can't sing all of the words yet, she will often walk over to my ipod docking station and say "please" ... and then of course she stands there clapping and dancing while listening! I'm grateful for albums like these that speak truth to their little hearts!
Over at the Sovereign Grace Store you can buy the CD, or you can download the mp3 album.






No comments:
Post a Comment