Wednesday, September 08, 2010

2 weeks.

We're loving having another baby girlie ... and by the grace of God, Emma has been an easy baby who is sleeping and nursing wonderfully. I'm thinking this is the mercy of God since one of our other girlies (who shall remain nameless, but is no longer the baby of the family!) is a bit of a handful these days. It's a good thing this nameless child sleeps 13 hours at night and takes a 2-3 hour nap because otherwise I might not get anything done around here. It has also been a wonderful blessing to be receiving an abundance of meals. My freezer was also stocked before Emma made her arrival, and I haven't even touched those meals yet ... so I probably won't have to do much cooking until November (just in time to pull out my beloved crock pot)!

But anyway, back to the baby of the family ... Emma made her momma proud by weighing in at 8 lbs. 1 oz. at her 2 week appointment (she also grew to 20.5" long). She had dropped down to 7 lbs. 3 oz. and most of our babies have a tough time gaining back their birth weight by 2 weeks, so it was a blessing to know that she is gaining well.

Here are some pics to enjoy that my sis-in-law took for me ...








2 comments:

Bevy @ Treasured Up and Pondered said...

I just commented on your FB page... but - seriously - these photos ARE adorable.

Who is she really starting to look like?? I think Justin.

Julie J said...

I am soo glad that you guys are doing well.... Becca White just asked on myfamily if you had the baby yet!! She is a bit slow @ hearing any news! ;-)

Emma is beautiful.