Thursday, May 18, 2006

Curious Justin

As much as I enjoy a quiet and peaceful home ... the primary times I can actually describe it as that are during naptime and bedtime (or when the kids are outside!). Now, I must say that I thoroughly enjoy the chaos and excitment that the kids bring to the house and we have a lot of fun. However, if they (or should I really just say HE) are inside playing and things are really quiet, I can pretty much guarantee that I'll get a nice surprise when I do find him ... I mean them (I can't always blame Justin, right!)!!

Earlier this morning while I was making banana bread (I felt obligated not to waste my over-ripe bananas!) ... things were a little quiet, so I poked my head around the corner into the living room to find Justin jamming his Baby Einstein DVD's into the VCR player. There were 2 in, and a 3rd in his hands as he was trying to put it in with the others. All it took was a "Justin, what are you doing?" from Mommy and the kid jumped out of his skin! He then pointed to the TV and made his infamous happy "noise" to let me know he wanted to watch a movie. I think I had that figured out already though. You'll be happy to know that I managed to get all of the DVD's out of the VCR (whether or not they work still, I'm not sure!) ... then I sent him outside where he can't destroy anything (well I'm sure he'll find something, but it's a little more of a challenge!).

So now fast forward to later in the morning ... the kids were back inside playing and I had gone downstairs to get a couple of toys out for Hailey and her friend Paxton who is playing with her. Being gone all of 30 seconds was enough time for Justin to go into the girls room where Sydney WAS napping (It's a little frightening now that Justin can open up our doors), climb into her crib with her (I didn't even know he could do that!) and of course wake her up in the process ... which who can blame the kid for waking up when her 2 yr. old brother falls on top of her. Good thing she's due to eat in about 10 min. anyway! After she got over the initial shock of him falling on her, I think she actually liked having a buddy in with her. As I was coming upstairs I heard her let out a shrill cry (not the normal "I'm awake and ready to eat" cry) ... so I walked back the hallway, saw the door open, and walked in to find Justin sitting beside her. Then she started smiling at him ... so I'm thinking it scared her more than hurt her ... she's gotten quite used to Justin poking, probing, falling on and "snuggling" (in his ever so gentle way) with her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my...what an exciting life you have, my dear! I sure laughed as I read your story! Little Sydney sure is loved...first big sister joins her in the crib, now big brother! That must have been one rude awakening for her! That grin on Justin's face says it all..."Look what I did, Mommy!" It's so good that you can laugh and take pictures through it all. You're such a good mommy and you're learning lots of patience along the way :) Give my love to the little ones! xoxoxoxoxo

Karen said...

Justin sure is a cutie...even when he is being a bit mischevious! I am finding that I will probably be having some of these same adventures as Brendan starts to get older. He sure does like to get into things he's not supposed to when we aren't right there with him!