Sydney has entered the independent "I refuse to allow you to feed me anything" season of life ... I suppose she has to learn how to eat yogurt all by herself just like the other kiddos at some point! I think with each child I wait longer and longer to allow them to eat the "messy things" by themselves ... because to be completely honest, it is just sometimes easier to feed them and have there be no mess! With Hailey I was excited for her to be a big girl and do everything by herself, but at this point ... convenience and what I think is easier for me wins out as long as possible! All that to say ... over the past week or so I haven't been feeding Sydney anything (those of you who see her often know what a little firecracker she is and in this area it's just easier to let her be happy by feeding herself and make the mess!), and so every day I have a mess that looks something like this to clean up ... at least she's a cute little mess! By the way, she does use a spoon, not only her hands!
And onto Hailey and Justin ... yesterday in the process of making dinner, I left the kitchen for a few minutes to go and put some laundry away. Sydney will often venture into the kitchen (she's not allowed to go in) when I am not watching and take things out of a drawer or pantry. I'm assuming she went in and got out a container of red sprinkles from the pantry since she likes to shake it. However, she was not the one to remove the lid of the sprinkles and proceed to shake its contents all over the kitchen, dining room and living room. For that Hailey and Justin are guilty! I think they took turns (I know ... kind of them to share!). As I came walking out from the bedrooms I had no idea what had taken place ... Hailey and Justin were looking at books in the living room as if nothing happened! As I begin to walk through the dining room to go back into the kitchen I felt something on my feet, being as I was in bare feet. I looked down to see red sprinkles ... at first, I thought it was just one little area, but then as I looked closely, I saw the bottle that used to hold all of the red sprinkles and realized I was in for a treat! I'm thankful that it was all kept to the floor, since the clean up wasn't too bad ... I swept up the kitchen and dining room and then Brian helped me shake out the rug in the living room. Here's the funny part ... when I came and discovered my sprinkled floors, I asked Hailey what happened and right away she fessed up and said "me and Justin did it!" When asked why they would take a lid off a container of sprinkles and shake it all over the floor she said "because we wanted to have fun." So then I asked her if they did have fun ... to that her response was "Mommy, it was really really really really fun!" Justin is of course repeating her every answer as usual to make it all the more funny! As soon as the last answer came out of her mouth I lost it and started laughing ... then they were laughing with me (or maybe at me!). I did let them know that putting sprinkles all over the place is not something they are allowed to do! Anyway, here are a few pics from my sprinkle floors ...






No comments:
Post a Comment