Thursday, June 28, 2007

Tents and Tea

Like lots of other kids, Hailey and Justin love building tents. They think it is the best thing ever to build their own tent! It's so much fun watching them get creative with different things to use each time to make the tent better than the last one. I love watching them use their imaginations and being creative. Here's a picture of their tent from today ... they were pretending to take naps!

I love meadow tea. I don't drink much other than water typically, but come summertime, I really enjoy a glass of meadow tea! Our tea is a little out of control on the side yard ... let's just say I don't think I'll be running out any time soon! It's taller than the kiddos and it spreads every year like tea is known to do! But anyway ... here's a great simple recipe to make yummy tea (and if you live nearby and need some tea feel free to come on over and take some!).

Meadow Tea
~Tea (I cut off about 12" from 10-12 different ones)
~1/2 c. sugar (less or more depending on your liking!)
~1 lemon, halved
~1 gallon water
Boil 1 gallon of water. Add sugar to dissolve. Add tea. Turn off heat and let sit for an hour (less time for weaker tea, more time for stronger tea). Remove tea leaves and strain into a gallon pitcher. Squeeze lemon halves over tea, remove seeds and place one half of the squeezed lemon in the pitcher. Stir and refrigerate. Yummy!

Now I'm off to read Charlotte's Web to Hailey ...

No comments: