Monday, June 04, 2007

Miscellaneous Monday

Some random thoughts ...

~Mom Herr called today to let us know that she broke her foot. While she had the kids last week she fell and hurt her foot (on the first day they were there actually). She was unable to walk and has been on crutches, and today she went to the doctor since the swelling has gone down to find out that she indeed broke her foot. So tomorrow she is getting a cast put on (for 5 weeks). Thanks for still doing a superb job at caring for our kiddos, Mom (I know Dad and Derek helped out considerably as well, so thanks guys!) ... only you would think of a way to rig up the walker with a tray on top so that you could still carry Sydney around! Hopefully next time you have the kiddos Sydney will have matured and will allow Dad to help without being such a little firecracker!

~Last week on Thursday Justin's toe nail fell completely off and his toe wasn't looking so great especially after that. By Friday it got worse so we called the doctor to see what they thought. They wanted to see him ... so I took him in on Friday to discover it had become infected. So he is now on some antiobiotics to help. This is no hardship for him since he gets quite excited when it's time for his medicine!

~Friday night my husband, Mr. I can fix almost anything, fixed our AC fan! After enduring a couple of days with our house being around 90 degrees I was very thankful that he had some spare time to fix it (he's been a bit busy this month). I was proud of the kiddos for not complaining amidst being very uncomfortable during nap time and bed time ... they were soaked from sweating so much! I am grateful that I have a husband who is such a handyman!

~On Sunday morning, while I was getting ready for church my littlest girlie was having a party in the bathroom. I heard Sydney in the bathroom (this is never a good thing ... thus the reason we keep the door shut and potty seat down) ... so I ventured in to tell her she needed to come out. And instead I started laughing. It appears that she has figured out how to get the potty seat up ... she was collecting things from her bedroom and putting them in the potty! She had gotten her pajamas from the night before and Hailey's flip flops so far ...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness...that picture just makes me laugh. Your kids never take a break:)
Much Love,
Krista

Anonymous said...

Oh, you must feel like your life is a circus sometimes! That picture made me laugh out loud! Sounds like she has some of her brother's blood for sure :) We will keep praying for you, my dear...

Beejee, you are in my prayers as well!

Love, Mom/Mimi

Anonymous said...

Sarah,
You know, I have some stories about my boys, but you've always got better (and more frequent)ones. :) I like reading about your daily adventures - lots of fun in the Herr household. Love the potty pic - it made me laugh (we keep our seat down and door closed, too... it helps most of the time).

Love,
D

Anonymous said...

Sarah,
Always entertaining to hear of your your daily adventures. Thanks for updating this blog. Remember it is always a joy to care for your kiddos. The leg way an inconvenience but I knew you were getting good teaching and rest from daily chores.
Love~Mom Herr

Anonymous said...

Lol, ha ha that's so funny. You've got a trouble maker on your hands!