Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Randomness ...

Our kiddos love to wear slippers. Hailey has a pair that still fits her from last year, but Justin and Sydney had outgrown theirs, so Mimi (my Mom) got them some new ones for Christmas ...





Hailey enjoys Madeline right now and especially likes to play with her new Madeline doll that she got ... she puts her down for naps, takes her in the van whenever she can and talks to her like she is her Mommy!


We got the game Twister as a family gift and Hailey and Justin wanted to try playing ... so my Mom was the spinner for Hailey and Justin while they played. We heard a lot of "no, your other hand goes on red" ... "that isn't your left foot, the other one needs to go on yellow" ... "Justin, you aren't supposed to sit while you play" ... it's rather amusing to watch a 5 year old and 3 1/2 year old play Twister! We haven't busted out Twister here at home for a family night game yet!


And just for a fun ... a pic of my love with our girlie ...


We've been enjoying this spring like weather and playing outside as much as possible (although considering our yard is a mud pit right now it makes for a bit of a mess!) the past few days. Another one of the kiddos favorite things to do right now is to sit at this great little table with chairs that Brian's parents got the kiddos. They sit there and color, draw, read books together and Hailey loves to do her school at it ...


This picture is for my sister-in-law, Kendra ... you asked for a pic of our living room since you haven't gotten to see it yet, so here it is (finally!) ...


Volleyball also started up this week for Brian, so Monday nights are volleyball game nights ... and I've been keeping busy organzing my pictures on the computer so I can get them all printed for my annual scrapbooking retreat coming up at the end of the month. My big project I'll be working on is our family vacation album.

And to wrap things up I'll leave you with a recent conversation I had with our buddy boy ...
Justin came upstairs crying because he hurt his foot. As I've always done in the past, I offered to kiss it for him ... in response he said "NO ... don't kiss it." So I asked him why I shouldn't kiss it ... to which he said "you always kiss it, and it never makes it feel better" ... he gave me a good laugh!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, your little boy is so cute with his logic...you better work on improving those kisses of yours!

When you and Brian want to work on your patience, just break out that Twister game for a family night...getting Sydney involved would be even better :)

Love you all - Mimi