“I shall now have one mouth the more to fill,
and two feet more to shoe;
more disturbed nights, more laborious days,
and less leisure for visiting, reading, music and drawing.
This is one side of the story to be sure,
but I look at the other.
Here is a sweet, fragrant mouth to kiss;
Here are two more feet to make music
with their pattering about my nursery.
Here is a soul to train for God,
and the body in which it dwells is worthy of all it will cost,
since it is the abode of a kingly tenant.
I may see less of friends,
but I have gained one dearer than them all,
to whom, while I minister in Christ’s name,
I make a willing sacrifice
of what little leisure for my own recreation,
my other darlings had left me.
Yes, my precious baby,
you are welcome to your mother’s heart,
welcome to her time, her strength, her health,
her tenderest cares, to her life-long prayers!
Oh, how rich I am, how truly, how wondrously blest!”
Elizabeth Prentiss - Stepping Heavenward
We look forward to welcoming Baby Herr #4 into the family!
The little one is due to arrive in September ...
Thanks for your prayers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






8 comments:
Waaahooo!:) "Here is a soul to train for God" After we got your phone call the other night we were talking about this very thing. It is such a joy to watch both of my brothers and their wives train their children for God! Thank you Sarah for your example and I can't wait to meet this new little baby:)I can't believe I'm going to be an aunt of 7 little kiddos...crazy.
Love ya,
~Krista~
How beautiful, Sarah! Even though I knew your wonderful news, I still cried as I read this post! I love that "you look at the other side of the story"...and you mother with such grace :) How "wondrously blest" WE are to have 7 grandchildren now!! So eager to meet, love and hold little Baby Herr #4!
With a heart overflowing with joy and prayers for you - Mom/Mimi
That was beautiful Sarah. Congratuations! We will be keeping you in our prayers!
Congratulations, Brian and Sarah!
It will be a joy to welcome both of our #4's into the world around the same time!
May God bless you both with abundant grace for this season and the season ahead with 4 children!
Jeremy and Kate
Congratulations! That's very exciting news.
Some go to distant lands to win souls for Christ..how precious for you to be called to do that in your home front where you have the privledge to create an invironment where Christ can be MOST welcome. Thanks you, sweetie, for investing where it most counts.
Love~Mom
CONGRATULATIONS!! so exciting.
-meghan
Congratulations! to you and Brian.
We are excited for you and hope and pray that all will go well.
Love,
Aunt Jan
Post a Comment