Friday, March 14, 2008

Birthday Boy

Yesterday Justin turned 4! He has been asking for the past 4 months or so how long until he turns 4 ... so when the day finally arrived he was rather excited. When he woke up he said, "Mommy, when do I turn 4?" I said ... today! And he said, "but when?" Silly boy ... I told him he was born 4 years ago around lunchtime ... but I don't think he had any idea what I was talking about. He's still stumped trying to figure out exactly how he was born out of my belly.

His dinner request was baked ziti and homemade bread ... so we ate his birthday dinner, then had some fun celebrating after dinner. We are so thankful for Justin, and so blessed to have him as our son. He brings us much joy and laughter ... and is also really good at continually sanctifying me! While we were eating dinner we were talking about how 4 years ago right around that time he was being taken to CHOP. He was asking why, so we told him because he was so excited to come into the world that he came over 5 weeks early! Then he said, "I don't remember that." It was a wonderful opportunity to remind the kiddos of the goodness of God.

Here's a pic of our little guy not even a week old ...


And here are a couple pics from our little celebration ...

1 comment:

Krista said...

Wow! These pictures remind me of how fast time goes. God is so faithful.
See you all Tomorrow,
~Krista~