I'm sure everyone would rather see pics from our cruise ... but well, I just haven't had the time to go through them all and organize them to put them up yet (this one above of another sunset will have to do for now)!
Settling back into life at home has taken some time as Sydney decided that getting out of bed at all hours during the night was her new favorite thing to do last week (she seemed to think that she needed kisses from Mimi at 3 a.m. ... I suppose she was going through withdrawal!). After a few nights of being up with her for 2-3 hours during the night graciously and patiently dealing with her, I was completely exhausted last week and barely able to stay on top of my homemaker responsibilities. And since posting on this blog isn't exactly on the top of my priority list, you are going to have to wait a bit longer for those pics from the cruise.
And in case anyone is wondering how Sydney is doing ... let me just say that whoever invented those doorknob safety covers is a genius. She can no longer open her door and wander over to our room during the night, and after laying by her door a couple of nights calling for us, she seems to have given up on the idea of getting out of bed (and hey, at least if she does get up during the night she is stuck in her room!). It has been a blessing to be able to sleep through the night again!
In the meantime, I thought I'd give you a recent Justin quote from when we were driving in the van just the other day. He and Hailey were talking about traffic lights ...
Hailey to Justin ... "red means stop, green means go, and orange (as they call the yellow light) means slow down."
Justin to Hailey ... "and PURPLE means go super fast"
Not sure where he came up with that one, but it gave us a good laugh.






2 comments:
Sleepless nights are no fun. I'm glad that it didn't last too long, and hopefully you'll be able to catch up on all that you need to soon.
I'd love to see some of those pictures of your cruise! Can't wait to hear all about it.
Aren't those door nob covers just genius!!! We had them in use for some time for Jackson when he moved to a big boy bed. Eventually he figured out how to pop them off, but that was well after we had any issues of him getting out of bed at night. I'm glad you are all back to sleeping through the night. Sleepless nights are definitely challenging.
I'll keep an eye out for your cruise pictures. Can't wait to see them! Ohh! And I think I know where "Super Fast" comes from. Has Justin seen Little Einstiens? The little red rocket has a super fast speed! *giggle*
Post a Comment