Around this area, it has been quite a rainy week. Thankfully, yesterday and today the sun has been shining and things are drying up. We were finally able to get our yard mowed yesterday ... it was pretty desperate.
On Wednesday I went downstairs to do a load of wash and as I made my way down the steps I started to see a bit of a problem ... water! Brian was aware that on Tuesday the area by the bilco door stairwell that leads outside was gushing with water and temporarily fixed part of the problem. We have a drain system around the perimeter of our basement, but when the sump pump is working overtime and the water is coming in quickly down the stairwell it tends to back up and spill over a couple different places in the basement. Well ... we didn't realize how much it rained after going to bed on Tuesday ... so on Wednesday I got a nice little surprise when I walked downstairs. Thankfully nothing got ruined, and it wasn't too bad, but the remnant of carpet that we have down in the area where the kids play did get a little wet, so we're currently airing out the basement and trying to dry the carpet to save it! Yesterday it smelled pretty bad, but by opening up the door and windows it helped a lot and today it hardly smells at all so that's a blessing!
With the sunny weather the kids haven't missed playing in the basement one bit, so that's worked out great until we can get their toys all situated again! This weekend we head to Lancaster to spend some time with Brian's family. Tomorrow the whole Herr gang is headed to Dutch Wonderland so I'm sure that will be a fun adventure!
I've been enjoying catching some Wimbledon action when I can ... I will definately miss watching Andre Agassi play (for those unaware he announced his retirement after this summer's US Open) considering he's pretty much been playing my entire life (yes I'm still a youngin')!
I hope everyone has a great Holiday weekend!
Friday, June 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment