The kiddos love to just eat plain applesauce, but something else they love is Applesauce Bread ... so I thought I'd share the recipe since it's a quick, easy and healthy snack for little ones! I know it isn't really the time of the year to be baking with the oven on ... but maybe on a cooler day, or a day when you need to use the oven anyway!
Applesauce Bread
~1 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
~1/2 tsp. baking powder
~1/2 tsp. baking soda
~1/4 tsp. salt
~1 tsp. cinnamon
~1/2 tsp. nutmeg
~1/2 c. honey
~3/4 c. applesauce
~2 eggs
~4 T. butter, melted
Mix dry ingredients together, then make a well in the center.
Combine honey, applesauce, eggs, and melted butter.
Pour wet mixture into well of dry ingredients and stir well.
Pour into greased bread pan and bake @ 350* for 45 min. or until done.
Enjoy ... Around here a loaf doesn't last long!






2 comments:
Thanks for sharing this recipe. It looks really good. (We love applesauce too). My girls love to help me cook, so it will be a great activity for us to do together--thanks!!
Hi Sarah! I saw this recipe when I was checking out your blog after Lisa posted her Friday ideas...anyway it looks great and I'm excited to try it! I love your blog too by the way...it's really interesting and very well done!
Post a Comment