Friday, July 04, 2008

Fresh Idea Friday

My friend, Lisa started something fun on her blog called "Fresh Idea Friday." The plan is for her to post a fresh idea on the 1st and 3rd Fridays of the month, then others can also join in the fun with their ideas ... so that we all get lots of new ideas! Today, because of the holiday weekend, the idea that we're sharing is a recipe you love taking to picnics. Since I am taking pasta salad to both picnics we're going to this weekend, I thought I'd share that recipe.

Pesto Pasta Salad
~1 lb. cooked pasta
~3 carrots, cut into bite size pieces
~1 pepper (I like to use half green and half red), cut into bite size pieces
~1 med. zucchini, cut into bite size pieces
~15 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
*Combine cooked pasta and veggies in bowl, then stir in pesto sauce:
~2 c. fresh basil leaves
~1/3 c. pine nuts
~4 cloves garlic
~1/4 c. parm. cheese
~1/2 tsp. salt
~1/4 tsp. pepper
~1/2 c. olive oil
*To make pesto, combine all except olive oil in food processor (or whatever you have), then pour in olive oil until creamy.
*After thoroughly mixing the pesto sauce in with the pasta and veggies, I typically add another 1/4 c. or so of parmesan cheese and stir just to combine.

Remember to head over to Lisa's post for more recipe ideas!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Thanks Sarah for the recipe! I love pesto sauce, so this sounds really delicious! Can't wait to try it. I'm sure you'll be making plenty of pesto sauce this summer, with how well it's growing in your garden.
Thanks again :)

Seth and Janet said...

Yum-o! This sounds delicious, I think I might have to try it out.