Thursday, August 19, 2010

40 weeks.

A belly pic as of this morning at 40 weeks ...
I don't think many people thought we'd see the day my pregnancy ticker would say 40 weeks and baby would still be cozy in the womb. Alas, here we are! Overall, I'm doing well and completely ok to be preggo still. It's sleeping at night that is getting rather difficult, and that is what makes me look forward to having the baby be on the outside ... well, that and of course we're very excited to meet him/her! I realize I will be up during the night to care for the baby ... however at least when I am in bed I'll be able to sleep (at least I hope)! These nights between random contractions, potty breaks, heat flashes and overall uncomfortableness the sleep isn't coming easy. But we're grateful that the baby has had time to grow and develop since my doc still doesn't think the baby is all that big for being full term.

I obviously took a little too long in the shower this morning based on the picture below ... somehow the kiddos let her get non-washable markers so I still haven't gotten it off of her face! Thankfully it came off of the door and walls ... I'm still working on the carpet; maybe the scrubbing on my hands and knees will put me into labor ... ha!


Hopefully the next post will be introducing the newest member of our family!

3 comments:

Bevy @ Treasured Up and Pondered said...

lol!! Wow... I want to say "hang in there" but you might bop me one.

We can't wait to meet your newest little one either. And. I'm not laughing, (because I can so relate) but I'm laughing, here, at Callie.

She's just putting on her "Welcome to the Family" face.

Sarah K said...

haha...love hte picture of callie!

and just checking in again....can't believe you're still pregnant! maybe we will be home in time to visit in the hospital:) saturday afternoon we'll be back in town! hang in there!

Allie said...

Praying for you, Sarah! By the way, you might want to try a baking soda & water paste to get the marker off Callie (if she doesn't mind it getting rubbed on her skin).